Friday, May 8, 2009

Still on Track

The meeting with the radiologist (Dr. Manning) was quite informative. He gave me a name for the tumor, Invasive Ductal Carcinoma. Estrogen Receptor Positive, Herp..something 2. Clinical Stage I. Once I have surgery it will become a Surgery Stage something. So far, so good.

He gave me a timeline and the steps that will occur. I'm one of those people that wants to know what is going to happen when, so that was good information for me. The problem is, if things don't go as I have expected I tend to get a little upset. Yesterday was one of those days when it appeared the surgery wasn't going to happen on Monday. Fortunately they were able to work out all the schedules and I'm still on, just at a slightly later time in the day.

Today I have my preops and then we're off to Asheville for the weekend. We had to postpone our trip to Atlanta (actually Newnan) so this was our alternative. I think it will help to take my mind off what's ahead. No sense obsessing and I'm afraid I may be reaching that point. We're even taking the dogs with us, so that should be interesting.

Good weekend to all.

No comments:

Post a Comment