Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day!

We finally made it to Asheville.


As we were on the way to the hospital for my preops the radiologist's office called to tell me they had scheduled a MRI for 5:45 that same day. So much for arriving in Asheville late afternoon.

Now the MRI was a real experience! The technician told me it would be noisy. There's an understatement. So I just took little adventures while lying there. Let's see, there were the tugboats in New York harbor, airboats in the Everglades, a speed boat on the lake and the foghorn at San Francisco Bay overlooking the Golden Gate Bridge. Finally at 7:25 we hit the road.


We had an enjoyable couple of days. Asheville is very dog friendly so we could take the boys with us almost everywhere. Parks, restaurants, bars and just walking around. Today the Biltmore Estate was having a special for Mother's Day and Mothers got in free. We've been wanting to see the gardens and walk some of the trails for a while and the dogs were welcome everywhere but inside the buildings. So it was perfect for us. Getting onto the grounds was something else. It seems everybody and his mother decided to go today!




Once we got home Ben and Mary came over for a visit. Mary made me this great fruit bouquet. I liked it so much I decided to share a picture with everyone. Pretty good for her first time.



I will admit I've had some anxious moments this weekend. It never occurred to me that since I've not had surgery I don't know how my body will react to the anesthesia. That I could die on the operating table and would not have told my family how much I love them. Fortunately those feelings passed. I'll be around to annoy the snot out of people for years to come. I think it also helped that Dr Manning called today and said the MRI looked good, no additional problems.


This is my last day of having cancer! This time tomorrow the tumor will have been cut out and I will only have treatment remaining. That's certainly something to look forward to.

What I'm not looking forward to right now is no food or drink after midnight. Guess I'll survive.

Wish me luck and thanks for the prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment