Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Hump Day

I have now completed 6 of the 10 radiation treatments and must say that milestone is quite exciting to me. Over halfway finished with the radiation! Yahoo! I will celebrate in two ways. First I will take my first shower in almost two weeks. I have a feeling that's going to be quite refreshing. And second I will sleep on my right side. No tube hanging out!

For anyone wondering about my shout out to Ken. He is my brother in law who is battling cancer. When I hear his story it makes me so grateful that everything has gone so easily for me. He is also part of the reason I have been able to keep my spirits up. Compared to him my bout has been easy. As I have told him, He has the Big C. I just got the little c. Anyway, some students did a piece on him if you'd like to check it out. http://simla.colostate.edu/~omjim/ken_devault/index.html

I'm definately winding down this adventure. Will probably not make another post until Friday after the tubes have been removed. Can't wait.

1 comment:

  1. Toby, it is Friday and we are celebrating with you from Colorado. Praise the guy above that He is looking out for you. We are very happy that you have had an easier time than Ken. Good job. Milk the recovery. You deserve to be pampered, especially on vacation. Make that brother of mine treat you to some special attention on your trip. Wait, that's what he was doing when all this started... Maybe some other kind of pampering would be better for this trip. LOL Love you guys. Bev

    ReplyDelete