Friday, May 15, 2009

No Doctor Appointment

Wow, the only day this week without a doctors appointment of some sort! To celebrate I went to Walmart for some pet food and Great Clips to have my hair washed. The first time I've gone somewhere by myself this week. I feel good, but don't want to push it. I'd rather take it easy than experience a setback.

Yesterday I spent a couple of hours in the radiologist's office. Had a couple of CT scans and at least 3 xrays. I sorta lost count after a while. They were working on perfectly positioning the radiation delivery device. Now I have a tube sticking out the side of my right breast and LOTS of bandaging to hold it in place. A friend of mine asked, "you know what's wrong with this country don't you?" Answer---Too much boob tube!

Next week I have appointments at 7:40 and 1:50 every day. After the second treatment on Friday they will remove the balloon and tube and my radiation therapy will be finished! That will give me one week of pure healing and then off for California.

I'm so happy everything has gone so well for me. I'm almost to the point of feeling survivor guilt. I mean, if you've got to have cancer this is the way to go. I'm sure this was a wake up call and will change my life. I'm not quite sure how just yet, but I bet it will become apparent. Another friend of mine wrote to me today....If God brings you to it-He will bring you through it.... I like that. I think it can be applied to many aspects of our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment