Monday, May 18, 2009

2 down, 8 to go

First of all, I want to say, Ken I know you are jealous. This is your good week and you only have to go to the hospital once. I however; get to go to the Cancer Center twice a day all week!

I started the radiation treatment today. The whole process seems to take about an hour. It appears they will do a CT scan every time to make sure the delivery system is still in the correct position. Then of course there is the obligatory waiting period while the scan is checked. Mornings I will have my dressing changed, afternoons they will send me on my way. Seems pretty easy.

I can tell when the actual treatment starts and ends as there is a slight vibration in my breast where the balloon is placed. Other than that there is no sensation. The length of time is about 2 songs long. Maybe 2 1/2. I noticed a little prickling feeling this morning after the treatment, but nothing too bad. I'm anticipating it will get worse as more and more radiation is pumped in there. We'll see.

I got the okay today to start walking again. Not too vigorously, but it will be nice to get out and stretch my legs a bit. I'm afraid serious hiking in Yosemite is out at this point, but just being able to make the trip is good enough for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment