Sunday, April 26, 2009

Reality

I.. have .. breast.. cancer.

Wow! Four words I never thought would come from me.

I'm new to this blogging business. Some of you are experienced, please forgive my learning curve.

In the weeks to come I'll keep you updated on my progress. Hopefully, I'll also in some way educate you regarding breast cancer. It's all new to me too!

Fact number one. Breast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer death for women. Right behind skin cancer. So, you know those great tans we all love? ... forget 'em. Pale skin is healthy. But, hey, give me the baby oil and iodine! Bring back any memories??

The good news is (for me at least) early detection. I have no intention of leaving this earth any time soon and so far my diagnosis supports that feeling.

Subsequent blogs will include how I discovered the problem (not sure I like the word cancer) and how it will be dealt with. If you want to continue, you know where to find me, if not, that's okay too.

No comments:

Post a Comment