Thursday, April 30, 2009

More Musing

I am grateful that I have a cancer you can cut out and throw away. For me the whole process should be relatively uneventful, more a disruption to my daily routine and travel plans. I certainly can't complain knowing what my brother in law Ken is going through. He is such a trooper. Weeks in the hospital, the surgeries, drainings, blood clots, you name it. Then finally a correct diagnosis. He makes me realize I have no reason to complain or be concerned about my treatment.

Expectations are another thing that keeps me positive. I fully expect to have my surgery, whatever treatment will be necessary and then I'll just move on. Sometimes you have expectations that are just a given. Sometimes those expectations are exceeded.

For example, I expected my son would go to college. Never thought twice about it, that was just the way it was going to be. Now, I didn't expect he would go for eight years and end up Dr Ben Brown. He is a wonderful young man who married a wonderful young woman. They have far exceeded any expectations I could have had for them. They are young adults of superior character and I don't tell them that often enough.

Most likely this will be my last posting until after my doctor appointment on Monday. Everyone have a safe and happy weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the compliments! I'm extremely proud of Ben as well; he's amazing. We love you!

    ReplyDelete