Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Just an update

I saw my surgeon Dr. Tsuei last Thursday. He said I'm healing fine and to come back in six months. Two down.

Someone from Dr Rubin's office called and informed me I am not eligible to participate in the study. It is only for women who have not yet had any treatment. Since I've already had radiation it makes me ineligible. However, that doesn't really change anything regarding the results of the Oncotype test.

Yesterday I went for more tests. Surprise, Surprise. This time I had to drink two bottles of stuff, one at 6:30am and the other at 7:30am. Something to do with the contrast CT scan. Once I got there they also put in an IV and shot something in my vein. She said it would be really warm to hot and I would feel like I had wet myself. She was right. When that was over I had another injection for the full body bone scan. I had to wait 2 1/2 hours for it to go through my system so I left and ran some errands.

That's about it for now. I think I'll take my neighbor up on her offer to visit at her beach house for a couple of days as I have another open week coming up. Then on the 9th of July I'm meeting my mom in Chicago for a week long Illinois trip to celebrate her 80th birthday.

My next doctor appointment is on July 7th when I'll find out the results of the latest round of tests. I'll post again after I have that meeting. Let's all hope for good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment